Sun, 06 Nov|
Cancelled - Protective Plastic Plague - Pandemic Portfolio Workshop
This workshop has been cancelled, however if you are interested in it running at another time, please register. Thank you.
Time & Location
06 Nov 2022, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Kalgoorlie, Karlkurla Bushland Park, Tumbarri Way, Kalgoorlie WA 6430, Australia
About the Event
Have we really been keeping our world safe?
While grounded planes, and staying home saved tonnes of atmospheric pollution, pandemic management strategies have also seen heavy use of single use products in our community. Including hospitality, sports, schools, workplaces and medical. Our world has reached for face masks, tests, gloves, shields, signs, barriers, single portions, disposable cutlery, cups and more, with many used only for a moment and non-recyclable.
Join Linda Rae as we dissect what this means and create an artistic statement. A FREE workshop in collaboration with Kalgoorlie Boulder Urban Landcare Group, ReConstructed Art Competition and Parenting Connection WA.
Artwork/s created will be eligible for entry into ReConstructed Art Competition 2022, Cash Prize Winners announced on Friday 11th Nov, 5.30pm at Museum of the Goldfields.
1 | 10.00am-11.00am
- Group Discussion and Brainstorming
- Artistic expression exploration
2 | 11.00am -12.00pm
- Design Development
- Commence Creation
3. | 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Guided artistic exploration
- Creation of recycled materials artwork
4 | 1.30 -2.00pm
- Sharing and discussion of progress
This workshop is designed for youth (9 - 19yrs) to enjoy with their parents.
Parents may choose to attend all or parts of the program outlined above.
- 1 and 4 are recommended at a minimum
Youth are encouraged to attend the full day, however, we can discuss part attendance to work around other commitments. Please let me know in advance to help with planning.
This workshop is FREE as part of the Pandemic Portfolio 2 Program. Artworks are encouraged to be displayed in the ReConstructed Art Exhibition, Opening Nov, 11th and may be selected to be published in the Pandemic Portfolio 2 keepsake book.
There are a limited number of spaces for this workshop, so please register to confirm your space and to help with planning.
We welcome donations of clean single-use waste associated with Pandemic management. Thank you.
- Face masks
- Expired Covid tests
- Cutlery and food containers
- Barriers and shields
- Signs, markers
- Medical protection
- Excess home school worksheets
- Single serve products
- Anything else you've got an oversupply of as a result of COVID - 19
(Please no biohazardous supply)
CONTACT: email@example.com to arrange a collection of donations.
Directions to Classroom at Karlkurla Bushland Park
- Head North up Maritana Street (which turns into Graeme Street)
- Go past Hannan’s Boulevard Shopping Centre
- Go past Hannan’s Primary School
- Turn right into Tumbarri Way
- Keep going along until you come to a gate on the left hand side
- Turn into the gate, head around the corner slowly
- Follow the dirt road… stick to the right hand side of the sign “Doug Krepp Walk Trail”
- Then you will go past a shelter and toilet on your right hand side
- The Nursery/Classroom will be at the end of the road
Thank you to Kalgoorlie Boulder Urban Landcare Group for hosting this event and supporting the project.
Many thanks to Parenting Connections WA, and the Parenting Capacity Fund for supporting this series of workshops that will act as a tool to open discussion between parents and children about pandemic life. Artworks and quotes produced will be displayed online and at public exhibitions. Activities will run throughout 2022.